Burns & Becks Gundog Club Schedule Novice AV Retriever Field Trial
3rd November 2018
VIEW RESULTS AND REPORT on homepage
Held under Kennel Club Ltd Rules and Regulations ‘J’
Stake: Stake 1: AV Retriever Novice 16 dog stake
Date: Saturday 3rd November 2018
Venue: Harterbeck Farm, Lancs, by kind permission of Mr William Mashiter & family and the shooting tenant Mr Ian Banks.
Meet: 8.30AM – Bull Beck Picnic Site (Nearest postcode LA2 9JU): Leave M6 at Junction 34 and go in Easterly direction along the A683 towards Kirkby Lonsdale/Caton. Go through Caton and continue another 0.7mile along the A683. Where you will see signs for Bull Beck Picnic site on the right hand side. We will leave here at 9AM after armbands have been sorted and a safety talk given, (there is a bacon butty van here and toilets).
Judges: Mr S Richardson (A 2849), Mr K Barnes (B 3419), Mrs C Clarke (NP), Mr P Thompson (NP)
Fees: ENTRIES: £35.00 To be paid by cheque with postal entries or on the day if entering via FTMS. NO FEES – NO ARMBAND.
Start: 9.30AM PROMPT
Entries: Entries either via post to Mrs K Howson, Low Bendrigg Cottage, Old Hutton, Kendal, LA8 0NP or online via FTMS – www.ftms.org.uk
Closing Date: Saturday 20th October (In hand not postmark)
Draw: A computerised draw by FTMS will be done on Sunday 21st November.
Results of the draw will only be posted to those supplying a S.A.E. any entrants supplying a valid email shall receive the results via email.
Preference: Preference will be given to fully paid up Burns and Becks Members.
Awards: Davis and Bowring Trophy for first prize and a Skinners voucher. Certificates and Skinner’s voucher for places and Guns Choice and Best Runner trophies.
The Ground: The ground is rough, fell edge and a reasonable level of fitness will be required for the day.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Dogs entered at Kennel Club Licensed Field Trials must be registered at the Kennel Club in accordance with the Kennel Club Regulations for Classification and Registration B.
- The Kennel Club reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- Substitution of dogs is allowed.
- All dogs resident outside the UK must be issued with a Kennel Club Authority to compete number before entry to the event can be made.
- If entries to nominations exceed the number of permitted runners the right to compete in a trial shall be decided by ballot.
- Should circumstances so dictate, the society in conjunction with the judges may alter arrangements at a trial as necessary. Such changes will be reported to the Kennel Club at the earliest opportunity.
- No modification may be made to the schedule after publication except by permission of the Kennel Club, followed by advertisement in appropriate journals if time permits before the closing of entries.
- Judges at a trial are prohibited from entering a dog which is recorded in their ownership or part ownership.
- Videography and photography will only be permitted with express agreement of the chief steward and the host.
- WELFARE OF DOGS: An exhibitor (or competitor) whose dog is entered in a Kennel Club licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(s) are met and should not knowingly put their dogs’ health and welfare at risk by any action, default, omission or otherwise.
A breach of this regulation may be referred to the General Committee for disciplinary action under Kennel Club Rules and Regulations.
DEFINITION: NOVICE. A stake which is confined to dogs which have not gained a place which would qualify them for first preference in the draw for open stakes.